Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baby Steps

I decided I'll start tracking my progression as I teach myself to sketch. All thanks to IDsketching.com for their beautifully shared knowledge. 


Current setup. HP G72, second monitor, AKAI Keyboard for fun. Can't forget the new addition to my family, the Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch. 


It wasn't what I expected... or at least it might take some getting used to. Lovely design, average functionality. 60$ price tag- debatable. I'll see if I grow into it. Still, nothing beats old pen and paper. 

Nothing beautiful, but it's a start. IDsketching.com is a great place to learn from, especially if you're like me without a classroom environment. First sketch enhanced in photoshop, I'm satisfied. 
Quick rendering practice. First time using no sketch, no underlay, just from scratch. All done in Photoshop CS5. 

I'm hoping this blog will help me keep track of my work and progression. If anyone out there took the time to browse through, hope you enjoyed! I hope this might even inspire other Industrial Design enthusiasts to start learning, whether you have a teacher or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment